Saturday, July 27, 2013

Boat School an Education revolution in Chalanbil

Student are getting Technology education from boat school
Boat school I think this concept is new, not only new it's really a great concept. Close your eyes and think for one time that in Bangladesh like a poor developing country who can show this courage to implement this concept? Student need not to go to school, school will come to student. He is Md. Rezwan he is the owner of Shidhulai Shawnirvar Shangstha (SSS). And he established Boat school in Chalanbil by that organization.Why i am writing this article, cause once I was a student of Boat school. And I know how effective this concept that school will come to student. Why school will come to student we will discuss it down to the article. Here i am going to tell you my experience  being student of  boat school from my study life in boat school. Ok Let's start. In 2004 I was in high school and studying in class 6. Before 2000(A.D) in Bangladesh the concept of computer was rare and actually most of the people they didn't know about it and those who know about it he thought that computer is very costly and it's hard to learn. It's our fortune that we had some curious young boys who had passion for computer and among them I think Rezwan was one. However, when i was in class six in 2004 then Boat school were came to our Ghat(A place of river bank where boat school stopped).
Everyday when i was going i noticed that boat school are stayed in that Ghat. And one question always occurred in my mind that what happen inside that boat. I was always curious for knowing why they come here in our Ghat. I was really curious about that school. One day when I was coming back to my home from school. I saw that Boat school are there in our Ghat. Then I was thinking that I should go there. From my curiosity I had gone near to that school and try to see inside that school.  And I became wondered that a small boy operating computer. Seeing this I became amazed and just keep it continuing to see. Then the computer trainer madam come out to the boat and request me to enter that school. Despite hesitation to enter, I entered that school, and seriously I discovered a new world or revelation in my area (Chalanbil). What an idea established by Mr. Rezwan!!! In the min time i discovered that inside that school there are two section One is Library section and another is Computer training section. And frankly that day in 2004 I first operate a computer. It was really incredible moment for me. And from then gradually i became a student and fan of Boat school. And now the point should be discuss that why school will come to student without student going to school? 
School are coming to student
Yes it should be discuss. The cause is, in Chalanbil when rainy season began then most of the area of Chalanbil go under the water. Then it's became very hard for student to go to their school and maintain their academic life. It was the first reason to Mr. Rezwan that if he build a platform where student can continue their study during the rainy season. Then it will help their study life. And next two or three reason was. In Chalanbil area here most of the people are farmer and actually student they don't know about advanced technology and they don't have any chance to learn technology. From this thinking Sir Rezwan Build a platform which is boat school. Where student can learn about advance Technology, Computer, Internet etc. He made it possible by setting at lest 8-10 solar panel above every Boat School and then setting 2-3 piece of computer in each and every Boat. Inside the boat there are a huge library and a computer training room. 

Primary Student Studying at Boat School
And from there student get the opportunity to borrow book for a week to study, and learn computer and advance Technology. Sometimes when I was a student of boat school, foreigner come to visit us and learn the activity of that school. They questioned us about that school and wanted to learn about the activity of that school. They became so happy after seeing this that student in this area are getting better Technology education from this School. And finally if they became happy they made a donation for that Organization. You know that that organization was a non-profit organization and all of their effort was free of cost. I think every good work became free of cost. Just imagine about Salman Khan and his Khan Academny, Jemmy Wales and his great contribution Wikipedia all that great effort are free. So here is the great contribution that made by a Curious person Mr. Rezwan is Shidhulai Sawnirvar Shangstha.  That was really great. Till now I missed the day i spend in that school.

Here is a video an American Interviewing a Student of Boat School. He asking the student about this school

Video Conferencing in Boat school
Besides spreading Technology and great education light Shidhulai Shawnirvar Shangstha (SSS) Operate many different operation like, arising consciousness about child marriage, operating campaign for saving the river. and particularly they trained farmer in Chalanbil. And besides giving training they also supply good seeds for our farmer and tell them how to cultivate well. And the very amazing thing is that all the effort of this organization is Free. And for this social welfare effort of this organization they got award from UN(United Nation) and featured in thousands of media local and International including BBC CNN .  And they also awarded from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for their effort. I love this organization I love this Boat till after leaving Boat school I didn't seen any advanced school  like this school. Here is the official link of Shidhulai Shawnirvar Shangstha. www.shidhulai.org. If you feel curious you can visit it. Photo Courtesy: Different Blog and website thanks for serving this photo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment